The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for producing concept, scheme and detail designs for NIS projects.
The engineer will work within a multi-discipline design team and be responsible for undertaking the design of equipment as delegated by the Principal Engineer or Engineering Manager.
Work will either be undertaken individually or by managing a small team of mechanical design engineers.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Produce design concepts / layouts.
- Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for CDM compliance and CE certification.
- Produce designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
- Produce design documentation.
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with NIS Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability, and safety issues.
- Produce designs that meet with project programmes and budgets.
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc) that enable manufacturing to take place.
- Check drawings and documentation appropriate to competency.
- Undertake design studies and produce reports on outcome while making recommendations.