Main purpose of Position
The EC&I Design Engineer will be responsible for producing electrical design deliverables for NIS projects.
The engineer will work within a multi-discipline design team and be responsible for undertaking the design of equipment as delegated by Senior Engineers, Principal Engineers or the Engineering Manager.
Work will be undertaken individually or collaboratively with other EC&I engineers reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Production of engineering drawings such as block cable diagrams, schematic diagrams, general assembly, cable routing, termination drawings etc.
- Production of engineering documents such as operation and maintenance manuals, test documentation, functional design specifications, device schedules etc.
- Produce engineering calculations such as cable calculations, panel heat dissipation calculations, safety instrumented system calculations etc.
- Develop software for PLC and SCADA control systems.
- Conduct trials and tests in the factory following test documentation under supervision by the project responsible engineer.
- Work to budgets and provide information for progress tracking on tasks assigned by the project responsible engineer.
- Participate in Design reviews, and Essential Health and Safety Reviews
- When required be part of the test and commissioning team which could require having to work away from home for short periods.
Reports to: Senior & Principal Engineers
- Compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of NIS Ltd.
- Adhere to NIS core values: Respect, Protect, Commit, Inspire.