Main Purpose of Position
To safely deliver project, product or integrated services to time, scope and cost in an environmentally friendly way.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Refine, interpret and agree schedule, specification/scope and value, proactively ensuring all stakeholders and partners are fully informed.
- Manage information, communication and activity relating to the scope of supply including aspects such as:-
- project strategy
- health & safety, environment aspects
- risk assessments (incl. H&S and project)
- terms and conditions
- procedures and work instructions
- method statements
- contract risk assessment
- Liaise with resource/department managers and support personnel to enable project completion to time, cost, scope and quality. (design, manufacture, procurement, accounts).
- Act as focal point of contact for client ensuring client expectations are managed proactively, diplomatically and constructively and that clients are kept informed and aware of project status throughout.
- Manage and influence any change to the project, controlling activity and information which will underpin successful project delivery. (PVN’s)
- Agree timing and format of status reports to client. Compile reports in a timely manner.
- Provide prompt and accurate information as necessary in order to facilitate invoicing and cash recovery against the predetermined contract terms.
Resource & Configuration Management
- Manage all projects with adherence to company procedures, within pre-determined project strategy, conditions, schedule and budgets.
- Consider methodology and changing workloads with respect to the project strategy at key stages of the project.
- Investigate availability and suitability of different resources and, as necessary, discuss proposals with design, manufacture, procurement and accounts departments.
- Ensure project control procedures are applied to generate effective quality checks. Investigate and eliminate bottle-necks due to technical or resource inadequacies.
- Assign work through functional heads in order to achieve optimum delivery.
- Influence and direct the supply chain and procurement personnel to ensure successful procurement and delivery to budget, safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Liaison with sub-contractors and material suppliers on technical elements of project support and delivery.
- Identify project risks and ensure mitigation is applied. Inform department managers of any areas of special difficulty, delineate problems and as necessary refer to appropriate managers for solution.
- Apply to the Head of Business Delivery Director, including where appropriate the Managing Director and Head of Business Delivery, for the release of Risk funding if risks occur.
- Monitor work activity and progress in conjunction with the appropriate manager / function head to ensure all projects run within programme and plan.
- When necessary discuss and agree work priorities with other project managers and department managers.
- Manage budgets as specified in the project plan and to control all cost elements during progress through to completion.
- Report on process and progress.
- Review and prepare Project Status Reports, presenting recommendation / action improvement plan / remedial activity as necessary.
- Set goals for deliverables for internal colleagues / functions.
- Manage and communicate all elements of change control. Ensure the work scope does not change without client acceptance of change to value and time as necessary.
Co-ordination & Liaison
- Contribute to Business Creation (Sales) and success of current projects by the internal referral and communication of appropriate information and intelligence, together with any project-specific information.
- Recognise the potential impact of own actions for the Company, clients and suppliers and act in appreciation of this at all times.
- Provide comprehensive and effective communication to underpin effective working relationships across all Company, Site and Function Heads.
Technical Competency & Development
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company, department, personnel and self.
- Ensure personal, professional, technical and engineering competency through continuing professional development.
- Enhance the potential of others by coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
- Formulate and manage own personal training plan and development activity with the Head of Business Delivery.