Main Purpose of Position
- Improve, implement and maintain a full suite of Procurement and Supply Chain policies and procedures
- Responsible for implementing a risk-based approach to procurement and supply chain management. Locating and maintaining the best sources of supply for components, materials sub-contract services that the company needs.
- Performance management of procurement in order to deliver cost effective solutions to fulfil the company’s project requirements in terms of cost, quality and delivery.
- Ensure effective and positive communications and relationship exists between the Company its Subcontractors and Clients.
- Strive to achieve NIS Business Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), as notified separately.
- Delivery of agreed objectives in line with Procurement & NIS business strategy
- Ensure procurement and supply chain teams have relevant skills, capacity and capability to meet the client and stakeholder requirements.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Manage and direct the procurement operations function to include:
- Deliver NIS’s Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy taking responsibility for ensuring the processes and procedures are robust and compliant across the full procurement and contracting life cycle
- Provide support and guidance to the procurement and supply base management team
- Coaching and mentoring of procurement personnel to ensure continuous professional development.
- Ensuring procurement personnel are given the necessary guidance and support to enable them to meet their objectives.
- Managing the selection and assessment of suitable suppliers on the basis of technical, cost, quality, delivery, health & safety and environmental performance for all aspects of manufacturing and services.
- Monitoring, identifying and communicating potential / actual problems that could impact on supply chain costs and delivery performance.
- Ensuring goods and services are procured at competitive prices that represents best value for money to Company (assessment of VFM to include delivery, quality, cost service, etc) to assist the company in achieving its business plan objectives.
- Ensuring that where remedial action is required by suppliers that it is achieved in a timely manner and at the supplier’s expense.
- Take responsibility as the main point of contact for the external supplier audit programme, co-ordinating others involvement where required and ensuring that improvements are identified and implemented effectively.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and management of all Supplier Relationship Management activities to ensure NIS business goals and objectives are achieved.
Ensure the commercial business activities in Purchasing are conducted to high ethical standards in accordance with company policies and procedures including:
- Continually investigate current systems and methods, with the objective of improving efficiency and achieving cost reductions, while still maintaining the standards required by the company.
- Work closely with Projects and the Project Delivery teams to ensure the supply base is and remains suitable and capable to support both NIS business and project objectives
- Utilise data to monitor supplier performance & develop a structured plan for improvement where necessary through formal and informal 360 review meetings
- Continually develop and maintaining good long-term relationships with internal / external suppliers.
- Identify new sources of supply, creating opportunities to assist NIS in obtaining a competitive advantage when bidding for future work, utilising all available market, supplier and component knowledge.
- Ensure that Terms and Conditions of contract are applied appropriately to the relevant suppliers whether these are NIS standards conditions and/or Client flow down conditions.
- Develop procurement strategies to support the estimating and bid process on specific projects.
- To ensure at every opportunity the company is represented in a sales capacity to help the company to generate new / extra business.
- Participate in client / contractor meetings.
- Implement the requirements as defined in your NIS Letter of Delegated Authority.
- Develop and maintain a suite of Procurement procedures to provide an NIS Project Life Cycle that will bring together modern procurement techniques in alignment with Industry Best Practice.
- Carry out, as instructed, any task as deemed reasonable by the Commercial Portfolio Lead in the interest of the Company.
- Be fully aware of and actively comply with NIS’s policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities and to corporate policies and values
- Work with Design, Manufacturing and Technical (ME) teams to develop and implement a Design for Manufacturing (DFM) process and programme across the business.
Reports to: Commercial Portfolio Lead
Reportees: Procurement & Supply Chain Management Team
- Professional, with high integrity, commercial acumen and discretion, with an ability to negotiate and complete sub contracts effectively and in the best interest of NIS.
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of NIS Ltd. to undertake tasks with diligence and in strict confidence.
- Champion and uphold the NIS values:- Respect, Commit, Protect, Inspire.