Main Purpose of Position
The Senior PLC software Engineer will be responsible for producing software systems for machine control and testing.
The engineer will work within a multi-discipline design team and be responsible for undertaking the design of equipment as delegated by the Engineering Manager.
Work will either be undertaken individually or by managing a small team of designers.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Produce Basis of Design Specifications, Functional Design Specifications, software test specifications
- Produce designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with NIS Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability, and safety issues.
- Produce designs that meet with project programmes and budgets.
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
- Produce a level of information to enable the production of PLC SCADA, HMI code
- Check and test Code
- Manage a team of EC&I Engineers.
Reports to: Principal Engineer
Reportees: Electrical Engineers and Electrical Detailers
- Compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of NIS Ltd.