Main purpose of Position
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for producing design studies and manufacturing design studies for NIS projects.
The engineer will work within a multi-discipline design team and be responsible for undertaking the design of equipment as delegated by the Principal Engineers or the Engineering Manager.
Work will be undertaken individually or by managing a small team of designers reporting to the Principal EC&I Engineer.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Production of engineering drawings such as block cable diagrams, schematic diagrams, general assembly, cable routing, termination drawings etc.
- Production of engineering documents such as operation and maintenance manuals, test documentation, functional design specifications, device schedules etc.
- Produce engineering calculations such as cable calculations, panel heat dissipation calculations, safety instrumented system calculations etc.
- Conduct trials and tests in the factory following test documentation.
- Set budgets and delegate tasks, provide information for progress tracking on tasks to the project manager.
- Produce design concepts & Front End-Engineering studies.
- Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for EMC compliance and CE certification.
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with NIS Quality Assurance.
- Produce designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
- Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability and safety issues.
- Produce designs that meet with project programmes and budgets.
- Produce Design Justification Reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc.) that enable manufacturing to take place.
- Check drawing details.
- Chair design reviews, risk assessment meetings, present designs etc.
- When required be part of the test and commissioning team which could require having to work away from home for short periods.
Reports to: Principal Engineers
Reportees: EC&I Engineers & EC&I Designers
- Compliance with company procedures and policies.
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of NIS Ltd.
- Adhere to NIS core values: Respect, Protect, Commit, Inspire