Main Purpose of Position
Working with the SPM’s, ensure safe delivery of all projects, products or integrated services to time, cost and quality while remaining cognisant of any emerging risks to NIS.
- Work closely with the Project Controls team to ensure accurate programme information for client and NIS.
- Responsible for effective client and contract management across all assigned projects
- Ensure effective, positive communications and relationships are maintained between NIS its clients, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Support and develop PE’s working in the delivery of your portfolio.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the NIS Business Plan and Nuclear Safety within NIS.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Project Delivery and Client Requirements
- Effectively manage client requirements and expectations. Interpret and anticipate their needs against contract in order to successfully deliver project outcomes.
- Effectively manage major sub-contract suppliers to the project.
- Provide project management service to assigned projects to facilitate the successful delivery of the works whilst ensuring control of emerging risk and opportunity.
- Through own daily activities and project meetings with the team, provide formal instruction, surveillance and actions to ensure project contract performance, typically through:
- Assignment and maintenance of project scope, budgets, quality and timescale.
- Management of project resource; performance, competence and duration.
- Management of project Safety, Health and Environmental and Security Data.
- Management of project Quality Performance, NCR status and dissemination of LFE.
- Management of project change control and actively challenge project variance.
- Management of the project program, risk and opportunities; escalate developing issues accordingly.
- Implement corrective (and opportunistic) action plans.
- Work closely with the Project Controls team to ensure accurate programme information is available for clients and NIS.
- Maintain accurate and timely project status reports and an informed attendance at PSR meetings; prioritise meeting action closure and implementation.
- Maintain accurate and timely client project reports and an informed attendance at client meetings and prioritise action closure and implementation in accordance with the contract.
- Maintain effective project communications to the client; ensure that NIS adheres to its values, vision and mission statements and that timely, respectful and ethical communications are upheld.
Resource and Configuration Management
- Work to the NIS Project Management Procedures to provide a robust NIS Project Delivery Life Cycle that will bring together modern Project Management techniques, alignment with APM Book of Knowledge, Industry Best Practice and deliver Customer satisfaction. Challenge company procedures to ensure they are always fit for purpose.
- Where appointed, liaise with the Business Development Team (the Customer) to ensure delivery of assigned scope.
- Manage project resources effectively.
Technical Competency and Development
- Influence others to achieve their potential by coaching and mentoring as appropriate. Promote learning from experience (LFE) within the team and NIS; complete monthly project LFE reports and project close out reports with tangible observations submitted through the Senior Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for managing own continuing professional development (CPD) activity in alignment with the NIS competence framework and the Association for Project Management best practice.
- Carry out, as instructed, any task as deemed reasonable by the in the interest of the company.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Reportees: Assigned Project Management Team Members
- NIS Board Directors
- Project Controls Team
- Engineering Managers
- Lead Business Development Manager
- Bid Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Assurance Team
- HSE Manager
- Production Manager
- Quality Control Manager
- Document Control
- A professional, with high integrity, commercial acumen and discretion, with an ability to display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for all work associated with and undertaken on behalf of NIS Ltd. Undertake tasks with diligence and in strict confidence.
- Uphold and deliver work in accordance with the NIS business plan, the vision and mission statement and to motivate and mentor individuals to deliver “On time and in full” in accordance with visible project plans, budgets and timescales.
- Champion and uphold the NIS values:- Respect, Commit, Protect, Inspire.